10-day, 9-night Retreat
23rd December – 1st January 2024
Experience the 10-day Signature Festive Retreat, the highlight of the seasonal calendar and an empowering way to start the new year. Amidst abundant sunshine and nature’s healing embrace, we invite you to join us to reflect on the past year and set intentions for the year ahead. Hosted by Sam Kankanamge, the Sen Wellness founder, and supported by our expert team, we will harness the power of ancient healing practices to recharge on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Take time for yourself and welcome the holidays with your Sen Wellness family, with additional ceremonies and rituals on the 24th, 25th and 31st to elevate our collective consciousness.
We are grateful to our guests who join us from all corners of the world, each bringing their unique energy to enrich this transformative experience and create remarkable synergy. Thoughtfully curated for a collective experience, we ask that all guests stay for the full length of the programme. We also recommend arriving a day early if possible.
- One-to-one consultation with our resident Ayurvedic Doctor on arrival and before departure, with daily support
- 2-3 Ayurvedic therapies daily according to your body type, totalling approximately 90 minutes
- Daily sunrise and sunset yoga/ and or meditation, open to all levels
- Opening ceremony to set an intention for the retreat
- Transformative experiential workshops led by Sen Wellness Founder Sam Kankanamge and the team to support the post-pandemic consciousness shift
- Fire and cacao ceremonies, sacred chanting and dancing
- Group meditations and sound healing led by the visiting Buddhist Monk.
- Acupuncture and osteopathy sessions with Sam Kankanamge
- Personalised wellness mentoring with Sam Kankanamge to support your wellness journey
- Closing ceremony to reflect on your personal wellness journey
- Pre- and post-retreat advice
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Sam Kankanamge BSc (Hons) Osteo, DPO, Dip.Acu is a world-renowned healthcare professional with over 25 years of experience transforming patients’ health and has been called ‘the best back specialist in the country’ by The Times. Sam founded the Sen Wellness Clinic in London’s Harley St in 2005, and the Sen Wellness Sanctuary in 2014.
With roots in India and Tibet, Tseyang’s journey began within a Monastery in India. Well-versed in many different styles of yoga, she finds the most profound practice to be through hatha yoga, including asana alignment, pranayama and meditation. Her classes often incorporate the healing resonance of the Tibetan sound bowls.
About Signature Retreats
Designed to be in harmony with the natural flow of the seasons, our Signature Retreats are always a sacred experience. Hosted by Sen Wellness Founder and renowned healer, Dr Sam Kankanamge, the retreats include personal treatment sessions with him, as well as group ceremonies and rituals.
Gathering a group of special souls for a ten-day journey together, we believe that no group comes together by accident, there is always a deeper purpose and intention. Some of the deepest healing can occur when we allow others to be a mirror of ourselves. The group naturally evolves during the retreat, strong connections are made and lasting friendships are formed.
Designed and built with sensitivity to the natural surroundings, the cabanas are reached by a raised wooden walkway that offers glimpses of wildlife among the trees. Once you step in, the spacious rooms embrace a natural and minimal design that celebrates the skilful craftsmanship of local artisans.
The cabanas offer the luxury of being surrounded by nature, with framed views of a tropical forest from a comfortable and private space of your own.
Luxury Beach Cabanas
Our Luxury Cabanas are the ultimate tier of Sanctuary accommodation, located a 100-metre walk from the beach. Designed by world-renowned architects, the rooms provide ample space to refresh yourself after a day of healing and exploration, with elegant arched ceilings inspired by nature.
From the private balcony surrounded by lush greenery, the view of topaz waters dances through the coconut palm trees, while the ocean hum induces deep relaxation.
The Sanskrit term for daily routine is ‘dinacharya’, which means ‘to be close to the day’. At the Sanctuary, we embrace the wisdom of Ayurveda and encourage alignment with the rhythms of nature. Our daily routine will regulate your internal biological clock, reset your nervous system, balance hormone levels, and support elevated mood and well-being. During your stay, you will acquire valuable self-care practices that you can integrate into your daily life. Your day at the Sanctuary unfolds as follows…
- As dawn breaks, a cup of herbal tea is delivered to your door, gently waking you up for the day ahead
- 06:00 – 07:30: Energising and revitalising sunrise yoga session. We recommend a refreshing post-yoga swim or a walk along the beautiful beach afterwards.
- 08:30: Indulge in a nutritious breakfast served with a refreshing king coconut.
- 09:30 – 13:00: Personalised programme of Ayurvedic treatments, resting, exploring or enjoying the space to simply be present.
- 13:00: Delight in a delicious, freshly prepared lunch.
- 14:00 – 17:00: Another window for Ayurvedic treatments, organised excursions and activities, or free time.
- 17:00 – 18:30: Gentle evening yoga, meditation and mantra chanting often accompanied by the healing vibrations of the gong bath.
- 19:00: Enjoy a fresh, light and delicious dinner at the communal table.
- 20:00: Lights out for a restorative night’s sleep.
Hi, I am Davia, the Retreat Manager at Sen Wellness Sanctuary, if you would like to know more, then please fill in the form and I will come back to you as soon as possible.