Before you travel to Sri Lanka
- You will need to arrange a PCR test and present a negative result no more than 96 hours old before boarding your flight to Sri Lanka.
- Get insured – A mandatory COVID-19 Insurance cover at $12 USD for a $50,000 USD cover over a period of 1 month, is to be paid at the time of booking your stay.
- Apply for a visa online– a simple process you have to do before you depart your country of residence.
- The payment for up to 3 PCR tests (at USD 40 per test), depending on the length of your stay, is to be paid at the time of booking your stay to obtain your visa.
- Download this health declaration form, fill it in and hand it over at the airport when you arrive.
Getting to the Sanctuary from the airport
We will provide a fully sanitised, private vehicle to bring you from the airport to the Sanctuary. For your safety, only those within your booking party will travel in this vehicle at one time.
Local return transfers are included in your package.
The journey will take around 2.5 hours.
Once you arrive at the Sanctuary
- We will conduct a PCR test on you as soon as you arrive. (There is no PCR testing done at the airport). If negative, then you can roam freely throughout the property, including neighbouring Rekawa Beach, and enjoy all private treatments, group classes and activities.
If, unfortunately, your PCR test is positive
- But you are asymptomatic: you can still stay with us but you won’t be able to have meals or interact with other guests or staff. We will deliver food and beverages to your room. Our resident Ayurveda doctor will provide you with all the necessary care and keep the Ministry of Health informed of your progress.
- You are symptomatic: You will be transferred to a Ministry of Health approved private hospital so you can get the necessary care. The local insurance policy mentioned above will cover all related expenses.
- You will be required to undergo another PCR on your 7thand 14th day in Sri Lanka depending on the length of stay. These will be done via a mobile testing unit. For stays beyond 14 days, a PCR test is required 96 hours prior to your departure from Sri Lanka.
What are you doing to ensure my safety at the Sanctuary?
Sen Wellness Sanctuary is certified by the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority as a ‘Safe & Secure Level-1 Hotel.’ This is an independent audit done by KPMG.
We are a small, private retreat centre located within a secluded nature reserve, offering an unparalleled location for these times. Rekawa Beach is a stone’s throw from the Sanctuary and much of the time it is empty.
We have implemented the strictest protocol in response to COVID-19 as required by the Ministry of Health and Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority.
- We will operate no more than a 75% occupancy rate at all times.
- The Sanctuary’s beachside location means that we receive natural ventilation from the fresh sea air. The building’s open architecture is designed to maximise airflow and we do not use any air conditioning, reducing the risk of viral transmission.
- The Sanctuary is a low-density space, our cabanas are separated by a walkway, and each has its own balcony and bathroom, offering you privacy and space from other guests.
- When you arrive, your luggage and footwear will immediately be disinfected. Both you and the driver will have your body temperature taken. You will then undergo a PCR test and wait in your room for the result. If you arrive after 17:00, you will need to wait until the following morning to be tested.
- Social distancing will be maintained in the common areas, at mealtimes, and in the yoga shala at all times.
- Service staff and therapists will wear masks and PPE according to WHO standards.
- Surfaces and equipment will be disinfected twice a day.
- Linens will be supplied in sealed covers and washed separately.
- All rooms will be disinfected after check out.
- We will continue to randomly test our staff for COVID-19.
- We will brief all staff according to the latest changes and developments in health & safety protocols.
Are there any areas of the Sanctuary or surrounding area that I'm not able to spend time in or visit?
All areas of the Sanctuary will be available to you.
You will also be able to visit neighbouring Rekawa Beach. However, please note that the current is too strong to swim on our doorstep and, due to current restrictions, we're unable to visit the rock pool for morning swims.
Are there any changes to the wellness programme and are there any treatments which are not available?
All treatments are available as normal and will be carried out in accordance with the guidelines given by the Ministry of Health & Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel your booking for any reason related to COVID-19, we will offer you a full refund, or alternatively, you may have a credit note and transfer your booking to a future date.
If you have any further questions or need further information, please contact our booking team.